Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Daily happenings not just weekend trips


This is how we get in our room when we forget our keys, which happens more and more often. I´ve gotten fairly good and climbing in the window :D

Three of my favorite students and me after an afternoon english class. That day was a lot more playing than learning, but it´s good to have fun every so often to keep them wanting to come and learn. The one on my right is my favorite; his name is Kevin.

Some kids just call my name through the window until I come out to practice flashcards with them. I feel like we´re teaching all day, but it´s not enough for these kids. Party on the front porch. This was the largest crowd I´ve had. Usually it´s just a couple, but this day attracted others as well. I love these kids!

This week we started teaching nutrition and physiology to the PE kids and the activity I had them do during their second hour was build food pyramids...well out of people as you can see. I just assigned them to be bread or carrots or whatever and they did pretty well from there. Most were pretty hesitant at first, but they got better at it and it has been really fun.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me laugh, because we totally climbed thru our window at the Elms all the time last summer....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea, to make them build their own food pyramid out of themselves. Love it.

    ReplyDelete